Friday, October 20, 2006

Stock Exchange Former Chair Ordered to Return Money

A New York judge has ordered former stock exchange chairman Richard Grasso to return $100 million, as part of legal proceedings springing from New York Attorney General Spitzer's claim that Grasso was paid too much money.

Anyone investing in Wall Street would agree there should be a limit on earnings, right? No one wants to make too much money. The sky's not the limit, the limit is just what Eliot Spitzer thinks is 'propriate.

I earned $900 on my two Google shares, but I gave it back. Well, I donated it to Spitzer's gubernatorial campaign. I want to be on this guy's side. If he can reverse the basic principles of a market economy as Attorney General, who knows what the hec he'll be up to as Governor.

No comments: